Our goal is to support 100 girls until they complete their education, even until doctorate level. They will be the forbearers of Ba and Bapu’s principles by spreading their messages and teachings. For this we require a cow ($750), one solar spinning wheel ($250), and one Kattah (Approximately .0067 Hectare) measure of land ($1500) as donation. From this one time donation of $2500 we can look after a girl and ensure her education during childhood and even for higher education, own business ,marriage or for any other purpose .We would be able to provide an amount of $15 to $20 thousand.
The economy of this can be understood by the following example:
- One cow: gives around 15 liters of milk worth $11, 5 liters of urine worth $2.5 and 10 KG of cow dung worth $1.5.In this way one cow can generate income of around $15 per day. If we consider around $5 as daily expenses for cow and $5 for Girls, we can still ensure $5 per day for a girl child.
- One solar spinning wheel: It can not only provide clothing for one year it can also help to earn about $2500.
- One Kattah Land: On which Sagwan (Teak) trees will be grown. It will ensure at least $5000.Also it will provide firewood worth $2000 per annum. We can also earn around $2500 by producing/cultivating mushroom, silk, honey, turmeric or ginger in this land.
- This effort may be helpful in carrying forward Mahatma Gandhi’s concept of social work through empowerment.
Criteria for selection of daughters are:
1.Daughter of Orphan
2.Daughter of Single Parents (Only Father )
3.Daughter of Single Parents (Only Mother)
4. Daughter of Very poor family.
These daughters will come from remote village of Bihar and belong to Schedule Cast and Tribes or who are having severe financial problem.
Requests for Details (Photo, Family background and their earning) will be available when the program begins in October 2016.